Reports to: Team Leader
Role and context
To actively participate in business area team activity ensuring the production of quotations in line with service level agreement and within business operating standards.
You will be responsible for achieving new business objectives and retention of current business, across a range of insurance products. Ensuring technical compliance and maintaining Broker and Insurance Partner relationships.
- To prepare and provide quotations to Broker Partners based on personal authority limitations.
- Provide accurate and compliant New Business, Renewals and Mid-term adjustments in line with personal authority limits
- Work with Business Development to achieve business growth in accordance with targets whilst Underwriting to agreed loss ratios
- Utilise communication and negotiation techniques and skills to clearly explain the features and benefits of our products, ensuring that every
- Broker receives a full complement of sales and upselling opportunities.
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations are followed to protect Insurer and Broker partners and the business interests of the company.
- Adhere to the contents of the Operating Procedure Manual and Business
- Unit Supplemental Operating Procedure Manual at all times
- Ensure the Thistle TCF principals are fully understood and applied across all business partners
- Carry out any additional duties as agreed with your Team Leader or Product Manager
Need to do
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all customer contact and ensure the delivery of high quality service, appropriate to needs of Broker or Insurer needs.
- Act as a technical referral point for less experienced team members and provide support to the business on potential product development opportunities
- Underwrite business according to current strategy within individual level of delegated authority
Contribute to a successful audit score both on individual and business audits.
- Acquire and maintain accurate level of appropriate technical, product and regulatory knowledge and skill in accordance with the Training and Competency requirements, working to exceed minimum T&C competency levels
- Documented attendance at regular 121 sessions with your manager and identify appropriate training and self-development within CPD framework.
Peers across products and trades, including your own team.
Team Leaders and Product Managers to develop product and organisational knowledge.
Insurance Business Partners, Broker Business Partners.
Autonomy to make decisions in line with delegated authority level if applicable, and in line with policy guidelines and business operating procedure manuals, all deviations from this must be referred to a Team Leader or Product Manager.
Need to know
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 5 GCSE, Grades A-C including English and Maths.
- Computer Literate
- Minimum Certification Cii qualification, working towards Diploma.
- Experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment desirable.
- Previous (Liability/ Motor/ Professional Risks/ Property)underwriting experience is desirable
- Understanding of the Broker market & ability to develop effective broker relationships
- Proven understanding of underwriting guidelines for all transactions (renewals, endorsements, cancellations, etc.). and ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of market wordings and products
Skills and Competencies:
- Works collaboratively and as part of a team
- Works well under pressure and ability to adapt and remain flexible in approach
- Have an ability to multi-task, in particular be able to switch between a range of contact channels such as inbound, outbound calls, emails etc.
- Strong Communication techniques, including verbal, listening and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Mathematical skills are essential
Need to be
- Commercial Credibility
- Leadership and Influence
- Driving Change and Improvement
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Solutions
- Big Picture Thinking
- Drive and Resilience
- Relationship Building
- Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements, eg Data Protection, Health and Safety, Financial Conduct Authority Standards.
- Working at all times in accordance with group/company policy, processes and control frameworks.
If you are interested in this position please click here to apply.